Tune Weekend v3.0 Beta - Set on April 30 2011

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Hey all

So I thought I would try and gauge the interest of the local (Brisbane, Sunny & Gold Coast) members interested in having their 7202/03 ECU equipped VR4's flashed.

I personally want to get my Black car flashed as one of it's first mods. I also know there will be some members that missed out the last two times.

I have contacted Steve (shtiv) with the proposal and he is happy to be a part of it. He will fly up on a Saturday morn and fly home Sunday. I will pick him up from the Airport and put him up for the night.

Was thinking a Saturday sometime around April/May. Chose this time as it is cooler and gives us time to arrange it.

I will organize a location down here on the Goldie. I will have access to a couple of locations. They will be under cover, near the highway, close to shops and with amenities.

We are looking at around 5-7 cars. This gives us heaps of time with Steve tuning our cars and also makes it worth Steve's while.

Price? PM me if you need a budget. It has been requested of me not to advertise the exact amount but I can tell you it will be no more than the last two times. The exact amount though, won't be established until final numbers are confirmed.

Who's In:

Me
Justin
Dawso
Christian
Chris
Paulie
Jsteel

Edit: Date is going to be locked in as 30/04/11

*EDIT 19/02/2011*

Just putting this out here now to save time and trouble of fixing things on the dyno day and tune day..

Please make sure of the following..

1. Intake System - Make sure that possible air leaks (under vacuum or pressure) is sorted - if you need help with this let me know, and I will try to help
2. Boost Controller - If you plan on using one, please pre-arrange the installation of such device/hardware - As far as I know, this is only a tune not an install date :)
3. Service - Preferably get your car serviced prior to the tune day, that way you know that the car will run on its peak efficiency - this includes engine oil, transmission, Transfer Case, Rear Diff and AYC if you haven't already..
4. ECU - Make sure that it is flashable, when I say this, if yours can communicate with evoscan doesn't mean its a flashable unit, I had 7201 and I was able to communicate to it via evoscan.. if it is 7202 or 7203, I can't see any reason why it can't be flashed..
5. Coilpacks - make sure that you're not having issues with it, if you get a misfire or hesitation at certain revs, do a service or try replacing the spark plugs with the correct gap..
6. Be prepared and double check things a day or 2 before.. I know I did.

EDIT 24/04/11:

OK Gentlemen, i have finalized the location. This location is one of my bosses sheds. It has all amenities and is close to shops, the highway and petrol station. We will be undercover completely too.

34 Harper St Molendinar

[GMAP]<iframe width="640" height="480" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=34+Harper+st+molendinar&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;hq=&amp;hnear=34+Harper+St,+Molendinar+Queensland+4214&amp;gl=au&amp;t=h&amp;ll=-27.982123,153.356953&amp;spn=0.036382,0.054932&amp;z=14&amp;iwloc=A&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=34+Harper+st+molendinar&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;hq=&amp;hnear=34+Harper+St,+Molendinar+Queensland+4214&amp;gl=au&amp;t=h&amp;ll=-27.982123,153.356953&amp;spn=0.036382,0.054932&amp;z=14&amp;iwloc=A&amp;source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger [/GMAP]

I am thinking we should get underway early so i would suggest we arrive around the 7am mark. What do you all think?

I will PM all that are coming with the price.

Hopefully all are ready? I know i am! All i need to do is clean my airfilter and was her again and then bring on the POWAH!

Feel free to PM me i any other questions

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
could be keen, but mine has been flashed by dave before so im not sure if that will be stepping on his toes or what not...is there some unwritten law saying its bad form to switch flashers?

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Paul, I have no idea. For starters, Steve will be bringing his own knowledge and maps to us. I would be skeptical too if i was getting the White car done. I would be concerned that i might not get any gains but at least i will be getting boost control. Also, you never know what a fresh set of eyes/ideas can acheive. As for me, and other members, we have a fresh canvas for Steve to work with. And what I am most excited/looking forward to is having the ECU control my boost.
I am sure if Dave has anything against the idea he will soon let us know either way.

Justin, thanks mate. Look forward to you being involved.

So that's 2 x Keen and 1 X Paulie

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
Put me down as a Paulie, as I'd have to work out finances closer to the date, sorry buddy :(

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
If I have my manual conversion done and intercooler in then a possible yes, but I have a lot of things coming that require money so dont put me down as a definite.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
this stage I'm not sure whether Im in or not.. will let you know by tuesday..

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
First post updated with the list of attendees so far.

Anyone else feel like getting flashed?

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Update.

I am going to lock in Saturday the 30th April as the date.

We have pretty much 5 cars now. Steve would like no more than 7. So if you are keen, let me know asap.

Trev

Chris, could you please change the title to reflect the date?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
done.. and will add other stuff like disclaimer and preparation needed before the tune..

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Thanks Chris, cant wait!

Paulie, Matteh. If you two guys give me definite's, we have the numbers to make this official. That will make it 7 and that shall do.

Pull your fingers out then!

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
don't mean to be a hater.. but first post updated to ease things up on the tune day..

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Your no hater. Good advice.

Can you change thread title to drop the EOI? I think we can lock this in as set with the numbers we have.

Top Bottom