Tune Weekend v3.0 Beta - Set on April 30 2011

Jsteel

Crunching Gears
First Name
James
Drive
Pearl white 99 vr4 Legnum
do we have a time or location yet? i'd like to know the approximate cost if i can.. im getting excited :)

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
First post updated with location and time details.

Almost time - Felling a little tingly in special places now. Is this normal?

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
I can imagine some members here using yout reply as their signature..

I have NO idea what you're insinuating Christian! :O

Also Trev, you just call it a SHED? It's a damn mansion :p I'll be rockin' along to observe and chill with you blokes... any progress on my brace brackets? :)

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Nice sig Matteh ;p

As for the strut, looks like it is pretty short. On saturday i will chat to the welder again and see what he can knock up.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Hi guys, just wanted to say it was a great couple of days, I hope you are all pleased with the results of my tuning. It was great to see everyone working together on the mechanicals of some of the cars so they could all be tuned. Without the help from paul christian and trevor we would still be doing some cars. Thanks guys.

Special thanks to trevor for organising the event and I must say the venue was excellent, to have 7 cars all under one roof with space all around was fantastic. Thanks also for trevor and your wonderful family for putting me up for the 2 nights (well1 night and 2 hours - haha!).

Sorry to hear about chris's incident the day before but at least noone was hurt. and I hope you can get a new ecu soon justin, so you can get it tuned.... Pm me about it when you get a chance, I might be able to help source one....

Abusive

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 Legnum
What a great day it was. Thanks Steve for making the trip and all your knowledge and work, and a big thanks also to Trevor, Christian and Paul for sorting all that crap out on my ride. You guys all over it. Oh and Trev, nice work and great venue man.

Was great to meet some members and no doubt will see you around.

I'll chase down an ecu soon enough and make use of the next available opportunity. Thanks again to everyone.

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Drive
Seriously, thanks a lot Steve for restoring my enjoyment of Larry. I'd been getting quite annoyed with my lack of twin turbo power. He drives 100% more smoothly across the whole rev range, more torque and less gear changes. I just filled up today with BP Ultimate as it was all that was close to me when the orange light came on, so I'll see how this tank goes. I did mean to mention I also only have the stock plastic BOV, though I've got Paulie's knock-off HKS SSQ to try out, as I feel like a bit of show-off for a while :D

Also, Steve found that my boost solenoid is shagged, so yet another thing to add to the list of bits to fix... luckily we tuned it using my MBC (again, a Paulie freebie... he loves me ;)) Nice to meet some new faces! Justin, I hope you can get a new ECU so you can see the potential your car obviously has.

I can't wait until we hit Lakeside soon (when is that again?) and we need to organise another Willowbank run, as I think I'll be able to get down to lower 15s or maybe a 14? :D

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
So how is everyones cars running? Glad to hear you got some results Matt, bet it feels a lot faster with boost and tune?

Pretty depressed I couldn't make it myself.. Was gonna drop in but I couldn't motivate myself to do anything.

Sorry I couldn't be much help Justin, tow truck driver didn't wanna know about it and i talked to someone else from the shop after I talked to you. When I told them I wanted to have a fiddle with it they said I can't take anything from the car, besides personal items, since I have raised the claim already. Pretty bummed out by that cause I wanted to get a few things out myself...

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
figured i'd reply here, rather then here

but yes, what a day! a long day, pretty sure i nearly fell asleep on the way home, i was one yawn away from pulling over. i cant beleive you all went till 5am!

was good fun though and we would have been well and truly be stuffed if we didnt all pitch in and help. glad we sorted everyones car's out eventually. trev, are you loving the black leggy yet?

finally, steve, thanks again for coming up, tuning, getting your hands dirty and sharing your knowledge. you answered a lot of questions i had haha so thanks for that. given me plenty of ideas and direction for the future setup

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Paulie, you have no idea. Just ask Steve how big my smile was. She is now a beast - no longer questioning its existence.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Haha, yeah I off topiced a bit there but I'm tired so I dont care.... As for smile/happiness factors I'd give paulie a 9 and trevor a 10 :)

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Drive
So how is everyones cars running? Glad to hear you got some results Matt, bet it feels a lot faster with boost and tune?

Pretty depressed I couldn't make it myself.. Was gonna drop in but I couldn't motivate myself to do anything.

Sorry I couldn't be much help Justin, tow truck driver didn't wanna know about it and i talked to someone else from the shop after I talked to you. When I told them I wanted to have a fiddle with it they said I can't take anything from the car, besides personal items, since I have raised the claim already. Pretty bummed out by that cause I wanted to get a few things out myself...

Yeah Chris, it's fucking fantastic. It already had boost (too much right Steve?) but it needed the tune to deal with boost. Now it's set up to use anywhere from 10-17psi through the rev range, and that's with the MBC as my solenoid is shagged.

Paulie, you have no idea. Just ask Steve how big my smile was. She is now a beast - no longer questioning its existence.

You too? Amazing huh?... this is how they should've been stock :(

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Tax time will soon endow me with funds for tunage. Is there another tune day on the horizon?

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
Name the day and I'll be there!

Top Bottom