Tune Weekend v3.0 Beta - Set on April 30 2011

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
I guess to make it worth your while there would need to be a few cars in attendance. Any other takers?

Also: FMIC, cat-back and a set of BKR7EIX plugs are done, anything else you'd like/require to be installed prior to the tune? Boost gauge maybe? I'm contemplating a HDI EBC, the one with the stepper gauge run by the controller. Worth it or just stick with factory solenoid?

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
Coilpack service
Boost restrictor removal.
Check your ecu now to confirm
Fresh plugs on the day/week, gapped to .8 or .7

I think that's it

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Swoit. Thanks Uncle P. 02 FL so ECU is 7203 (confirmed during SAFC install), plugs are still fairly fresh and has never missed a beat so I'm making the grand assumption the coils are fine. They copped some dielectric grease when the plugs were changed a few months back. I'm fkng sick of the fierce detonation, makes me want to be rid of my car. Spastic Jap fuel tune grrrrrr.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
Jt, just make sure your plugs are new for tue day. Cause 'ok plugs' might handle 7psi fine, but 17psi is a different ball game. Last tune day/night/morning, we did a sparkplug change at 2am...fun times

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
The things we do in our quest for speediness. Plug change at 2am sounds perfectly reasonable to me :p I'd do almost anything to be rid of this shitty knock man. Looks like it's time to source another set of plugs. What's the general consensus for plug temp? 7s for raised boost ya?

With the amount of noobs joining ozvr4, surely there'd be enough interested to warrant a visit from Shtiv.

Might be time to start a new thread.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
The 2 am bit was fine, but it was a LONG day.... 5 cars makes the trip worthwhile, 7 max and I'd come up for 2 days either way in case of problems with cars etc coming up a friday night and coming back sunday afternoon worked well last time. No need for a boost gauge, I deal with that and the factory boost conroller works well but only if the factory plumbing is all as it was originally (I would say about 50% of cars I see have changed something in the plumbing to make the solenoid unable to work). Don't rely on the age of the car giving you the right ecu either, we had that last time with what should have been a 7203 having a 7201....

If you are getting knock with factory maps and an intercooler, I'd consider a fuel pump (they're cheap anyway ) as you may be running really lean, usually with stock maps they run very rich which somewhat compensates for the timing map which is too agressive for our fuel at least, but in my car when it has stock maps, exhaust and fmic I don't get any knock.... With a stock intercooler and boost just under the factory boost cut I got a bit of det at around 6000RPM but others often get it in the peak torque areas.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
SAFC install was June last year and with the wideband in the factory position I was seeing a/f into the 10s. Hope the pump hasn't gotten lazy since then. Guess the only real way to check is a pressure gauge on the rail and the ability to watch it under load. Any other methods or is dyno time the only way?

The factory vac piping around the plenum appears unmolested so I've gotta remove the restrictor prior to your visit.

Knock happens like clockwork at around 4500rpm ;) Get a couple spots lower depending on load and plenty at high revs. I'm gentle 95% of the time for fear of damage. Time for a new thread to gather interest then I guess.

Top Bottom