Replacing the clutch

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Excuse the ignorance, is the spigot bearing the same as the thrust bearing? If so the kits come with one.

Edit: I just had a thought...How many people are interested in the HDCB clutch? If there's about 5, I'll talk to the place I got my one from, my mate's dad used to own it, but I have dealt with the new manager a few times (and spent a lot each time lol) so he knows me pretty well. I'm sure he'll be able to knock up a good price if there's enough interest.

I'll talk to him as soon as I can. If he can't or the price is crap, I'll see what else I can do.

damo

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Damo
Drive
98 VR4 Galant 5sp M
Well Paul I'm in for a hdcb, as you know.

Side note, I spoke to Coventry's here in Bris (well Capalabe anyway) and they have the mbk-7223 hd and hdcb on their books. best they could do was just under 1k, and that was screwing them down. I'm keen to see a result, as i reckon i've only got 1 -2 weeks left outta mine.

Damo

G

Unregistered
This is the best price I have found for MBK-7223hd $660 plus freight, it is from a brake and clutch shop in Vic, I have emailed him again to get prices on the heavier kits, freight cost wasnt too bad either $40 to Perth. If we all get together we could also get group price from there.

http://www.performanceroadandraceparts.com.au/first.html

Sorry Sydney.

Right here is the email he sent me for the other kits, so lets see who wants what and if he can go better with price when selling more.

Hi Ryan,
The next step up is a heavy duty button kit or a cushion button.The button plate gives you more clamp but is a little harder to drive as it is more just in or out the prices are button $785.00 or cushion button $880.00.
Thanks Darren

G

Unregistered
Oh, and spiggot bearing is the bearing in the flywheel that holds the end of the gearbox shaft after it has gone through the clutch plate.

damo

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Damo
Drive
98 VR4 Galant 5sp M
ok, i'm wondering how much more torque the hdcb could take over the hd and if it is a justifiable upgrade for a standard engine w/ mbc, running bout 11-12psi. Keeping in mind, it is my daily drive, but I do like to launch now and then;), and 4 wheel chirps are a a sight to behold.......

G

Unregistered
Group buy sounds good, does that include a lightened flywheel or just the clutch? I remember someones kit came with a flywheel?

The Heavy Duty Cusion button sounds more practicle than the Heavy Duty Button clutch. (Don't want one thats just in or out)

damo

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Damo
Drive
98 VR4 Galant 5sp M
Group buy sounds good, does that include a lightened flywheel or just the clutch? I remember someones kit came with a flywheel?

The Heavy Duty Cusion button sounds more practicle than the Heavy Duty Button clutch. (Don't want one thats just in or out)

Agreed.....Buttons are a pain. I'll never buy jeans or clutches with buttons again, unless its cushioned of course....

Also, the kits don't come with a flywheel, so getting the existing one machined will be mandatory. unless you wanna buy a brand spanner. I'll just machine mine at work.

G

Unregistered
Yeah thats correct No flywheel, not on the exedy kits anyway maybe some jap race kits might have them, even if they did have one it would be for a magna anyway. As for machining the flywheel I think that it is a must since the kits arnt cheap, I got a mate who is going to do at hia work only prob is it will make it a 2 weekend job.
What is the difference between Button and cushion button, does a cushion button still feel and work like a standard clutch.
I will be getting mine in the next 2 weeks if anyone wants to try for a group buy price then, otherwise I will just get 1 as my clutch is slipping and i have to drive like a nana, but car goes in to get some paint work fixed on wednesday so that gives me a few weeks to get sorted as car will be off road for couple of week anywho.

damo

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Damo
Drive
98 VR4 Galant 5sp M
What is the difference between Button and cushion button, does a cushion button still feel and work like a standard clutch.

Button clutch is either in or out, with little to nothing in between = crap for stop/start driving.
Cushioned button retains the clamping power of a pure button but allows a degree of 'slip' = more user friendly.

damo

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Damo
Drive
98 VR4 Galant 5sp M
mbk-7223 hdcb......$883.60 from tbs auto in Capalaba. not bad, and local. still chasing though.

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
guys, stop looking. MBK-7223HD From a trader on SAU

"As I have in my signature I will beat any price on genuine Exedy products, $630 delivered."

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
i think Slackscreek Brake & Clutch can get them for approx. $800?!?! call them for confirmation.. that was awhile ago though..

G

Unregistered
guys, stop looking. MBK-7223HD From a trader on SAU

"As I have in my signature I will beat any price on genuine Exedy products, $630 delivered."
Sounds good how much would the MBK-7223HDCB be? It is the right part number for our cars right?

damo

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Damo
Drive
98 VR4 Galant 5sp M
Factory clutches are Exedy anyway, aren't they???? Just standard organic. Besides that, Trav, where the F%&# have you been man!!!!!!!!! I've been hanging to see what somone can do. I have to do something pretty soon, or I won't be able to drive the thing.

Trav, MBK-7223 HDCB, what can be done and how long for delivery, Brissie southside.

Lucky for me, my bro is the head mech at a ford service centre, so he is gonna do it for me on a saturday. Just a thought, but if any other qld guys want one done i am sure he will listen if the $$$ are right. Would still be half or better than what it would cost anywhere else unless you got contacts with the gear. Geez, sounds like a bloody drug run!!!!!!LOL

Damo

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
LOL @ Damo, I'll get back to you man. A bit qucker this time ;)

Top Bottom