jdmftwyo

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Joe
Drive
97 Mirage to Evo 4 conversion
97 Legnum VR4
It’s tight. I ended up trimming down the lower driver side arm for each fan to clear AC line and the turbo cold side. Other than that it was a perfect fit. Bolts all lined up, even the stock trans cooler hard lines were spot on.

My only complaint is the radiator overflow nipple isn’t straight down the core. I’ll get over that.
One of the mitsu groups posted photos

They gotcha

456735694_10100680358674294_6783143985189727317_n.jpg

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
How long did that take to arrive? I've got one on order but his website doesn't really have any contact info

Wakaba

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Abe
Drive
96 Legnum VR4
When i inquired i was told they are made to order.

that’s what I was told as well. I tossed my money down at the end of May. Arrived tomorrow. It’s an amazing looking piece. Now I just need the ECU to plug into it.

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
Well that throws a spanner in the works for me haha was hoping to have it within a month.
It is what it is though.
Cheers for the response

Wakaba

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Abe
Drive
96 Legnum VR4
Well that throws a spanner in the works for me haha was hoping to have it within a month.
It is what it is though.
Cheers for the response

Give them an email. I just responded to my payment confirmation and got updates. I did, however, have a self imposed delay for my 3wks in Japan.

Wakaba

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Abe
Drive
96 Legnum VR4
Someone just nabbed a Meister Blue 96 5spd off BAT. Looking forward he he pops in here.

jdmftwyo

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Joe
Drive
97 Legnum VR4
Yea the seller not doing the timing belt or other major service was a little off putting. Claiming car has low miles lol. Sorry but thats a huge risk on a almost 30 year old car.

Also 16K seems like values are going up? I know the 5spd nets more but did not figure that much more.

Wakaba

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Abe
Drive
96 Legnum VR4
Yea the seller not doing the timing belt or other major service was a little off putting. Claiming car has low miles lol. Sorry but thats a huge risk on a almost 30 year old car.

Also 16K seems like values are going up? I know the 5spd nets more but did not figure that much more.

I’m not passing judgement on anyone’s purchases. Just hope we get another US car in our little community.

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
I literally did a manual conversion on a car here 3 weeks ago and removed a Rebuilt auto to do so haha

Wakaba

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Abe
Drive
96 Legnum VR4
I need to open mine up and check for wave spring. I’ll likely replace clutches and steels while I’m in there.

Rare engine, rare trans. This is why a 4g63 swap is so appealing.

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
I need to open mine up and check for wave spring. I’ll likely replace clutches and steels while I’m in there.

Rare engine, rare trans. This is why a 4g63 swap is so appealing.
Why go through the effort to source the V6TT to 4banger swap it. Coulda just done that to a USDM 8g?

Wakaba

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Abe
Drive
96 Legnum VR4
Why go through the effort to source the V6TT to 4banger swap it. Coulda just done that to a USDM 8g?

None were awd. None were wagons. Interiors were cheap.

My swap will likely occur in response to when I kill my Legnum’s motor and/or trans. Sourcing a fiscally responsible replacement of either, in the US, is vastly more difficult than finding a spare Evo 4-8 drivetrain. Aftermarket support is also a factor.

I was looking for a HiAce when my wonderful spouse impressed her wisdom for me to buy another Legnum VR4. I bought the most applicable one already on ground. I didn’t put in much effort to be honest. Was planning to daily drive this one year around, but plans changed when it arrived. It’s too clean to introduce to road salt.

Last edited:

jdmftwyo

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Joe
Drive
97 Legnum VR4
Yea the world Galant/legnum platform is so much nicer than the north American platform. The interior alone is worth not going with the north American car.

From what I understand once the autos are built and the weak points addressed they aren't bad. I plan to keep mine auto as it's a "DD" for me and I have a mirage to Evo conversion that's cheaper to mod/have fun with when the power bug bites me.

Top Bottom