6A13TT Spark Plugs

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Lee the NGK heat rating most people are running in the UK and NZ is 7, which is what I have in my car (stock as a rock atm) and its fine :)

whiteleg

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
98 Legnum
I wouldn't stress to much over the heat rating but a 7 would most likely be the best option. The heat rating just allows the plug to operate at its optimal level of performance at a certain temp and last longer if correct rating used. Don't forget you are not driving flat out all the time, well not all of us are. As a guide you increase 1 rating per 3-4 psi increase in boost. You could put 9's in your car and it will still run fine but the plug will not last as long as a 7 as it is not getting up to its correct temp range consistantly.

whiteleg

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
98 Legnum
Like I said Derek don't stress I also have 6's in mine and I sometimes spike to 16 psi.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Cool... it will probably be a few months or a year before I starting doing boost mods anyway :)

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
i've been using 6 since january, no issues or anything.. also ive been running 14psi til last week.. turned it down cause i was getting alot of boost cut whenever its cooler than usual..

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
My mechanic just rang me and said the plugs I supplied are too big! WTF?

Are there different sizes of NGK BKR6EIX ???

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
ahhhh, riiiiiight. is he saying that because he cant get them down to the rear bank without removing the intake manifold? how many beers has he had today?

whiteleg

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
98 Legnum
If they are BKR6EIX then they are the correct size as Trav said he has just realised he needs to take off the intake and it will take an extra hour (At your cost) to do the job

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
I've just picked the car up - he put the old plugs back in for now. He had no problem taking off the manifold and whatever plumbing that was in the way.

The problem is the "nut" on the plug is too big - there isn't enough clearance to get the plug AND a socket around it into the hole. He showed me another plug that has a smaller diameter nut area.

I will contact the guy I bought the plugs from and ask what's going on here.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Dereck I call shenanigans - having done this job myself there shouldn't be any issues at all with clearance, unless you have indeed been supplied with the wrong plugs.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
Dereck I call shenanigans - having done this job myself there shouldn't be any issues at all with clearance, unless you have indeed been supplied with the wrong plugs.

My mechanic (John at Ultratune Hawthorn) serviced my old car for nearly the entire 11 years I owned it - I do trust him when he says it wouldn't fit. He's always treated me and my car well, and he has nothing to gain from stuffing around.

I think I've been supplied the wrong plugs. Stoopid internet shopping! The boxes ARE labelled BKR6EIX. I'll have to contact the vendor and see what he says.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
I just double checked the order. And lo and behold!

In my correspondence with the vendor we went back and forth about whether I needed the -11 or the standard gapped plugs (I asked about it here a few posts back). And I didn't notice that the vendor had started talking about BPR6EIX instead of the original BKR6EIX that I ordered! So I inadvertently confirmed the wrong part number! The boxes in fact say BPR6EIX.

D'OHHHHH

I've just sent an email asking if I can exchange them.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Haha there you go ;) Hopefully he'll be reasonable about it - it was him that changed the product code after all.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
Yup, he's cool about exchanging them. I don't even have to post them back since he'll be coming past my office Thursday anyway.

3M-TA3

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Daniel
Drive
BLACK MANUAL '97 LEGNUM
i might need some too. getting timing belt and plugs done in two weeks. and any oil and stuff replaced. don't trust the car yard any more. let me know if there is any left or i missed it.

Daniel

Top Bottom