6A13TT Spark Plugs

G

Unregistered
Arrgh I just confirmed the -11 version with the vendor... oh well off to send another email

Sorry... my bad :confused:

sounded convincing though:rolleyes:

I dont think it is an issue regapping them, but yeah if id known you could buy them right first time...

G

Unregistered
0.8 is the standard gap for our VR4. The gto VR4 is 1.1 which is why a supplier often sells us the wrong plugs.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
1.1mm gap is the standard on our engine.. check under your bonnet there should be a sticker relating to sparkplug gap and timing...

most mech's and car mod's prefer .8mm on turbo charged cars because it gives them peak power output, as far as i know...

i had my plugs gapped at 1.1 for about 2 days and it didn't perform as good.. so i changed it to .8mm like most people here suggested..

G

Unregistered
i'd be checking the gap anyway.. half the time the plugs i've bought havent been close to whatever they were supposed to be..

if you are buying iridium (not sure about platinum) best idea is to buy the gap you want, because as far as i know, regapping them can break some of the coating off the tip... or something along those lines (i've only ever used copper)

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
Yep, if I get orders for 4 or more sets I can do them for same price, $75 + $12.50 postage, so if anyone wants a set let me know.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
My IRIWAY7 plugs were pre-gapped at 0.8mm, which was pleasantly surprising. Saved me buying a new gapping tool ;)

Mitch I think the gapping tools are designed so you don't damage or chip the electrode coating because you're not putting pressure there. But if one were silly enough to use a pair of pliers or something then yea...

G

Unregistered
Couldnt anyone put up a guide in the guide section how you change sparkplugs in your vr4 :)

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
I'll order the pre-gapped ones. Thanks Lee now I've got 2 orders, just need another couple. Nissy, you want a set?

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
anyone? need a couple more and I'll get them on their way

G

Unregistered
Just a side note, id be inclined to check the gap on any sparkplugs.. I was regapping my 7EIX-11's to .8, and as they came out of the packaging, no damage to the boxes, or protective cardboard bits, the set ranged from .7 gap to 1.3:confused:

Not the best if youre going to be running big boost. So its worth the time to check.

Also, thats the first time iv had a go at gapping spark plugs, and it was a lot easier than i thought.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Asked Steve (nissy) via TXT in case he didnt see this, will let you know.

Got my reply, he didnt realise they were so cheap! For $87.50 delivered for 6 BKR6EIX he is in! :)

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
already had a pm'd reply from Steve. He doesn't want them.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Yep he does, didnt realise they were so cheap.. BUT he did say may need a little bit of time to get the $$ so maybe if we can delay a by a week or 2? most of our cars aren't on the road anyway

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Looking at the NGK site:

Iridium IXIridium tip
Nickel Tip
60,000 kms
Long service life and even better ignitability due to a small diameter centre electrode

Laser Iridium Iridium tip
Platinum pad/chip
100,000 kms
Extremely long service life. Improved high ignitability due to fine tipped centre electrode.

Are they the 60,000kms plugs or the 100,000kms plugs?

Top Bottom