6A13TT Spark Plugs

Subaru ETA

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David
Drive
97 Galant VR-4 M/T
its always the rear ones that go due to the heat back there.
having the oil in there will eventually stuff the lead.

did it some like a train after you started it when you changed the plugs?

G

Unregistered
sound like a train? no.
i cleaned up the oil before i ripped the plug out, so nothing went into the engine

G

Unregistered
ah... no it didnt smoke like a train either. :p

G

Unregistered
are the spark plug gaskets apart of the rocker cover gasket? and im guessing to replace these spark plug gaskets you would have to remove the rocker cover?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
when I did my plugs, I only tightened up the rocker cover bolts.. i'll be opening it up again soon anyway.. I'll check if oils do get back in there..

but damn.. when i first opened it.. I was suprised on how much oil that got in there..

G

Unregistered
im changing my plugs next week can anyone tell me if i should go for the irdrium or the irdrium performance ones, i have uped the boost zorst air filter fmic and so on. will it pay to put the performance ones or just the irdrium?

G

Unregistered
it does not matter, you wont notice any performance gain between new standard or new iridiums, only diff is lift expectancy,
upto 100 thou km on iridiums, 10thou on standard,

but this will depend on how your car is driven/treated

G

Unregistered
yea i know i wont get any performance gains, just want a reliable plug that will never miss and ignite all the fuel in the combustion chamber..

it would be nice to get big power gains by throwin in some good plugs.mmm(dream)lol

G

Unregistered
MD178940 this part number only get you one seal, and cost $17+GST

Image017.jpg

Image018.jpg

G

Unregistered
Well I thought I was going to get six but that part number we were given is only for a single one, so about $115 with GST for all 6 if someone was to buy them all.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Copper - BKR6ES

Iridium - BKR6EIX

I am ordering some plugs but the vendor tells me he thinks I want BKR6EIX-11, not BKR6EIX.

Can anybody confirm this? He wanted me to double check.

Derek

G

Unregistered
I am ordering some plugs but the vendor tells me he thinks I want BKR6EIX-11, not BKR6EIX.

Can anybody confirm this? He wanted me to double check.

Derek

That will be the full code, the 11 means a 1.1mm gap, which is standard. I just got a set of BKR7EIX-11's for mine, they are -11 too, but i'll be regapping them to .8/.9ish it means a smaller spark, but more reliable in higher boost applications.. so the theory goes. Definately the right code for the 6A13TT though.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
That will be the full code, the 11 means a 1.1mm gap, which is standard. I just got a set of BKR7EIX-11's for mine, they are -11 too, but i'll be regapping them to .8/.9ish it means a smaller spark, but more reliable in higher boost applications.. so the theory goes. Definately the right code for the 6A13TT though.

Thanks Mike :)

G

Unregistered
actually the BKR6EIX (no following numbers) is pre-gapped to 0.8mm..
if the code has no following numbers, they are pre-gapped to 0.8mm, but if there are following numbers, that is the gap.. ie -11 is 1.1mm -9 is 0.9mm, etc..

smaller gap provides a weaker spark, however it is less prone to being "blown out" such as in higher boost applications as paul stated... ideally you want the largest gap possible, which is usually about 0.8mm for turbo cars..

G

Unregistered
actually the BKR6EIX (no following numbers) is pre-gapped to 0.8mm..
if the code has no following numbers, they are pre-gapped to 0.8mm, but if there are following numbers, that is the gap.. ie -11 is 1.1mm -9 is 0.9mm, etc..

smaller gap provides a weaker spark, however it is less prone to being "blown out" such as in higher boost applications as paul stated... ideally you want the largest gap possible, which is usually about 0.8mm for turbo cars..

Really! i got sold a load of BS then:redface: that 1.1 was the standard. Ah well thanks for clearing that up. I'll regap mine to .8mm then...:)

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
Arrgh I just confirmed the -11 version with the vendor... oh well off to send another email

Top Bottom