First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Other option is the Platinum:
Laser Platinum
Platinum tip Platinum pad/chip
100,000 kms
Extremely long service life. High ignitability due to fine tipped centre electrode.

Can you get prices on each then we can determine from there? IX is definately better than copper, but if Platinum aren't much more then I would rather these - even less changes required ;)

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
Just looked up G Power Platinums and they're significantly cheaper than the IX's.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
That's odd... unless the IX plugs are the 100,000km NEW iridiums, not the 60k plugs. Do you have someon at NGK you can speak to?

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
That's a much better explanation than the Aussie Site :) Well, happy with the IX, sure Steve will be too. I'd say if you can place the order in a week or so would be good ;)

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
yep, all good. You can either deposit straight into my bank account or paypal. Everyone interested, PM me for the details.

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
Travis,

I am interested as I am always trying to save money. May just need to talk to the minister for finance to get it all approved. Will let you know as soon as possible.

Mike

DarkVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Black FL Reganum
Hi guys just been following your conversation, picked myself up some IX today, went to change the plugs out (Wat a mission) and came across a set of DENSO Iridium VK22, they have a gold tip with blue rings on the white body...........they look in good nick, so Im wondering if I should still change em out after going thu all that effort to get the manifold out...........yep Ishould have checked the front plugs first before taking off the manifold.

So does anyone know if the DENSO Iridium VK22 are better then the NGK IX?

Waiting for feed back

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Sounds like your car's been well looked after, James! Personally I'd swap 'em, but keep the Denso's as backup in case you ever need them... What for I dunno, maybe you'll need 'em in an emergency or something ;)

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
All, I'll be placing an order for these shortly so will need payment. I can afford to order a set for Nissy and he can pay me back when he gets the money. Let me know if you want the BKR6EIX or the BKR7EIX. All will be the 0.08 gap. PM me and I'll give you payment details.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Q: If keeping stock boost, I'd imagine 6's would be best. If upping to 10-12psi, is there really any difference going to 7s?
Reason: My car will run stock for a while, but will get more boost later - dont want to have to change plugs.

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
I would say go for the 7's only if you're really getting serious about horsepower. I plan to turn my boost up around the 12 mark but will be staying with the 6's. Should run cleaner on cold starts.

G

Unregistered
put me down for a set 6's :) im the same as you, mine will stay stock for a little while and then upped to around 12 psi.

pm me you bank details champ! :)

G

Unregistered
wow how does 12psi go for stock internals?

would you guys push it any further ?

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Yep, if I get orders for 4 or more sets I can do them for same price, $75 + $12.50 postage, so if anyone wants a set let me know.

Trav,
when I get the other Legnum (soonish) I'd like to order 2 sets. One for Mel and one for me.
Can you get these at around the same price still?

Cheers mate. Look forward to meeting you tomorrow.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Anthony, the stock turbos are so small that you can't really destroy the engine by upping the boost, unless you have a bad fuel pump or something to cause detonation

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
I would say go for the 7's only if you're really getting serious about horsepower. I plan to turn my boost up around the 12 mark but will be staying with the 6's. Should run cleaner on cold starts.

Okay after having spoken to Matt over lunch yesterday, he's suggested that the 7's are in fact the better choice if you're going to up the boost to around 10-12. Bigger HP would call for the 8's. 6's are really best suited to completely stock applications. Sounds like then we should all be going for 7's.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
If 7's will run fine for stock boost also, then I'd be happy with 7s. I just dont know how long till I up the boost.

Top Bottom