Towbar

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
great pics thanks mate i still need to get one organised :-(

did a CV on the way to the bathurst meet and im still stuck in orange so any money i was going to look into tow bar with have just disaperaed to that :-(

great right up looks like you covered everything in the pics well done

MasqUAP

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dave
Drive
'98 VFR 800 / '92 Ford Laser Turbo / '10 Kia Cerato S
Craig: What was the quoted towing and vertical force capacities they quoted you for this towbar?

Allan

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Allan
Drive
Legnum
Hi Guys I got my towbar fitted to my series 1 super at Halls towbars here in adelaide for $380 they did a good job with the same mounting style as maccas took them half a day

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
Hi Guys I got my towbar fitted to my series 1 super at Halls towbars here in adelaide for $380 they did a good job with the same mounting style as maccas took them half a day

Good to know, I have been meaning to drop in and see if they would do mine.

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
wow $380 sounds damn good is that including parts and labour ?

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Craig: What was the quoted towing and vertical force capacities they quoted you for this towbar?

Sorry mate, its been a while but I kept forgetting to check. All the plate on the tow bar says is that the tongue can tow up to 1200kg but to check the manufacturers owners manual to confirm what the car can handle, or something along those lines anyway.

Mac Dog

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Macca
Drive
Red 1997 Legnum
Macca - can you remove the black part for when you're not using the tow bar?

I need to get a tow bar for my car, but i'd only use the thing a hand full of times a year, so I dont really want it there if I'm not using it.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Yeah thats exactly the same situation as me. Would only use it a few times but wanted it for when i needed it. There is no damage done to any of your body work so all you need to do is remove the two bolts in the bottom pictures and the tongue comes off. Its like it was never there ;)

G

Unregistered
Has anyone got a towbar fitted in the Sydney/Canberra area. So far this thread covers QLD, VIC and SA, but unless I missed something none in NSW. A towbar is going to be a must for me. I have a tandem trailer I drag around regularly.

dr-25-lt

1000th Member!
First Name
michael
Drive
'98 white FL S2 legnum
Has anyone got a towbar fitted in the Sydney/Canberra area. So far this thread covers QLD, VIC and SA, but unless I missed something none in NSW. A towbar is going to be a must for me. I have a tandem trailer I drag around regularly.

+ 1.

im definately in for a towbar... if anyone has seen or knows, ask if they do a good price for more than 1 install... im sure they would...

Cheers...

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Today I got a custom towbar made and fitted to my Legnum for $790 from Sunshine Trailers.

Unfortunatly they won't be doing anymore towbar jobs cos the guy that does them is retiring at the end of the year.
Not sure who else in Melbourne can make and fit them.

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Just got quoted about $450 from Halls Towbars in Adelaide for a custom towbar.
If they can get it under the extra lip on my rear bar and I am able to remove the extra piece so you cant see any of it when I'm not using it, then it will be a done deal.

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
Just got quoted about $450 from Halls Towbars in Adelaide for a custom towbar.
If they can get it under the extra lip on my rear bar and I am able to remove the extra piece so you cant see any of it when I'm not using it, then it will be a done deal.

I had the same quote from them 3 months ago. Will be going to see them again when I get home in a week.

Jimmy_EC5W

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
1998 Pearl White Legnum, Atlas Grey VN SS
Hey guys, anymore luck with the towbars in Melbourne? I saw that sunshine trailers defs aren't doing them anymore but I thought I'd give it a try, and I can confirm they don't.

So was just wondering! Again, I need to tow my starion and want a removable tongue.

G

Unregistered
i cant believe how dear they are, i have one on the leggie i bought a few months ago and i also one on my vy. Funny as i have nothing to tow :)

I just took mine of the car, well the tongue & ball anyway

G

Unregistered
previous owners said it was expensive and hrad to get a towbar made up. My tongue is rated to 900kgs. i like it better off the car, no need for it!!! Will the bar that the tongue was attached to made for the towbar standard, or was it a custom job for the tongue??? Thought maybe they just weld a plate on for the tongue

stormboy

Crunching Gears
First Name
Rata
Drive
01' Legnum, Jaguar S1
Can anyone in Adel confirm whether or not they went through with the fitting from Halls and if so - happy? Hopefully car arriving soon and it needs a towbar. cheers

Top Bottom