Tune Weekend v4.0 - Oct 15/16 - Molendinar

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Dudes & Lady Dudes,

So the time has finally arrived, the moons have aligned and it's tax time so I'm expecting a surplus of fundage to facilitate:

Tune Weekend v4.0 Beta debug test phase release candidate radsauce.

With the influx of new members and the aforementioned conditions, I'm putting it out there to assess the volume of interested parties. I've put the word to Shtiv and he's keen if a few conditions are met: Minimum 5 and a maximum of 7 cars. There's other conditions like accommodation, location and cost which will be confirmed. I'm in Springfield Lakes so no matter where it is, I doubt it will be close. All depends on the location of interested parties.

Due to the time involved to arrange such a thing, I'm thinking it will be mid to late August at the earliest. Potentially even more like September This will no doubt get confirmed also once numbers are met and when people are available.

Before I get too in depth on the logistics of it all, let's just see if we can firstly meet the numbers required.

Please note: You must have either a 7202 or 7203 ECU for reflashing to be possible. Here's how to check yours.
While you're there, may as well take some decent shots of it and Add it to the database

For those interested in the success of the prior event, have a read of the v3.0 thread.

Who's in?

Definite:
1)VOLK/Joe
2)Johnny_K (new ecu acquired, nice work team ozvr4)
3)Fieldy107/Chris + Evo potentially.
4)Abusive/Justin > new ECU acquired.
5)Nathan/Hozza New ECU acquired.

Map touch ups:
1)Naughtika
2)Unclepaulie
3)Godzilla
4)Nitephyahhhhh

Location is confirmed, 34 Harper St Molendinar

[GMAP]<iframe width="640" height="480" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=34+Harper+st+molendinar&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;hq=&amp;hnear=34+Harper+St,+Molendinar+Queensland+4214&amp;gl=au&amp;t=h&amp;ll=-27.982123,153.356953&amp;spn=0.036382,0.054932&amp;z=14&amp;iwloc=A&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=34+Harper+st+molendinar&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;hq=&amp;hnear=34+Harper+St,+Molendinar+Queensland+4214&amp;gl=au&amp;t=h&amp;ll=-27.982123,153.356953&amp;spn=0.036382,0.054932&amp;z=14&amp;iwloc=A&amp;source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger [/GMAP]

Start time to be confirmed.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Can do man.

Alright one confirmed and one maybe.

For those undecided: Wanna use less juice? Gain response, power and avoid potential damage caused by the crazily advanced ignition timing of the factory 100RON tune? Then get involved ;)

I'm confirming price and will advise when it's available if numbers are met. Stay tuned.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
I'm in regardless, Shtiv knows this :)

also about this tune..

PLEASE.. NOTE TO EVERYONE WANTING TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS.. THIS AIN'T A WORKSHOP DAY.. SO PLEASE IF YOU PLAN TO SQUEEZE MORE JUICE OUT OF YOUR CAR, PLEASE SERVICE YOUR CAR BEFORE THE TUNE DAY..

As I've stated in the past, do the following..

1. Change all Fluids if you haven't done so! - if you've serviced the gearbox, transfer case and rear diff 30k kms ago, you might as well do it again.. same goes to your engine, if you've done it about 3k kms ago.. you might as well do it again.. reason for this, you're pushing your car - when Shtiv tuned my car i know it copped alot of abuse, I dont wanna know how Paulie drove his..

2. Spark Plugs - as mentioned before, change it.. gap it at .8mm if you don't, you'll end up just wasting your time..

3. Ignition coils - fix, service it or (my favorite hehe) replace it.. our coilpacks are good at stock boost, once you hit more than 12psi.. go ask the other guys

4. vacuum hoses, turbo pipes and etc, make sure there's no leak! if there's a tiny leak, under normal driving its ok but once you're flooring it, you'll start to feel shudders and most probably have inaccurate readings

5. umm what else.. go ask the other guys about their previous experience..

lastly, can we do this on a safe environment? say hire a dyno place to do it at?

I know Mercury Motorsports allows it.. I think its about $100 an hour..

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
I'll come (and bring tools) but I don't think I'll be needing another tune.

Edit: lol I gave mine a fair bit of stick, but it loved it haha

hozza

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nathan
Drive
97 COTY manual legnum.(gone)
96 GTO MR
S13 silvia
I should Be back in brissy around mid September.(never know with the army)
So if its after that then I should be good to go.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
I come along, not for a tune though. Although I am getting pretty crappy fuel economy (high 13's) but maybe that's just when I drive it.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Cheers for putting the pre-tune requirements in Chris, gracias. Perhaps we should have a workshop day prior to the tune day? Sounds like a solid plan to me as even though I had fluids swapped at the time of compliance, it wasn't done by me and I've never undertaken the task so would be happy to get a few tips from other members and more importantly have them on hand. I'm keen to swap/service as much as possible prior to the tune as, like you say, our engines & drivetrains will be under loads for durations not normally experienced in the day to day operation. Maybe time to start yet another thread for EOI in this?

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Workshop day would be good, spark plugs are all I need to do (besides saving some coin).

Abusive

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 Legnum
Put me down as a more than likely, just depends on funds and more than that if I can finally chase down another chip. Can't wait for you to work that magic Steve.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Np man, I'll add you to the list soon as you've confirmed funds etc.

I can't wait either, sick of driving ultra conservatively for fear of knock & overfuelling.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Still have a spare ECU here if you need it Justin....

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
ECU sold now Justin, so I'm no help for the ECU finding....

Also unclepaulie/naughtika/godzilla(maybe) are only updates due to fuel system changes/boost control so they don't really count as tuning candidates....

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
So Fieldy & Abusive, any closer to confirmation?

Let's make this shiz happen!

Johnny_k

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Johnny
Drive
97 COTY Legnum & 09 Astra
Hey guys. I think i want to get in on this action. But its dependent on how the workshop day goes.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Tax man has been kind, so my chances have definitely increased. Once the money comes through, I pay my bills and suck up to the wife a bit, I'll be able to give confirmation. It's looking good though.

Johnny_k

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Johnny
Drive
97 COTY Legnum & 09 Astra
Guys, Just checked with the wife. Im in. Hopefully will meet a few of you guys before hand in Brisbane some time. Maybe a Wkshop day or something else.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
ECU sold now Justin, so I'm no help for the ECU finding....

Also unclepaulie/naughtika/godzilla(maybe) are only updates due to fuel system changes/boost control so they don't really count as tuning candidates....

Yeah, i am in. Thanks Steve.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
Guys, Just checked with the wife. Im in. Hopefully will meet a few of you guys before hand in Brisbane some time. Maybe a Wkshop day or something else.

I see you have a 97 model, best check you have a 7202 or 7203 ecu, a 97 should have a7201 which isn't flashable but best check in case it's been swapped, you may get lucky....

Top Bottom