The Intercooler Thread

G

Unregistered
PWI5574

2.5 inch outlets

dsc00664tw1.jpg

was thinking about installing it on the accord, but didnt get around to cranking up the V-TEC, so didnt bother. . . . .

lol, would have taken the pic in front of my leggy, but at the time it was being complied.

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
I used to have a Euro, what an awesome car, albeit a little underpowered for my liking. I was reading on ozhonda a while ago that Hondata had a 50% power upgrade kit for $5000, without forced induction. Man if I still had my Euro that would be a definate must do.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
trav, have you got the link for that proformance upgrade? might have a friend who "might" be interested..

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
I don't have the link but if I get a chance I'll see if I can track it down.

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
any body know the difference between tube/fin and bar/plate intercoolers as the bar plate is 199 on ebay 600x300. is it just so you dont need a mesh in front cause of the added strength of the bar and plate????

G

Unregistered
its been covered many times before, do a google search for "intercooler bar plate tube fin" and I'm sure you get heaps of results

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
any members care to post up types of fmic they have installed onto their vr4's?
stuff like type(tube/fin-bar/plate) core sizes, inlet and outlet size, brand name if applicable etc for others looking at doing this mod. im having a hard time deciding which way to go in all this and a bit of feed back would help myself as well as others im sure

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Bar and Plate from X3EMotorsport.. size is 600x260x76 2.5" in/outlets..

Jungle's just acquired a Bar and Plate, size is 550x250x76 2.5" in/outlets..

it'll be hard to find a tube & fin type cooler.. if you do find an aftermarket set.. it'll definitely be expensive..

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
No offence intended here Tim, but a lot of info along those lines is already available if you take the time to read through the thread. Yes it will take some time, but all things that are worthwhile take time and effort. And you'll be amazed just how much you learn along the way!

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
yeah i have and it took such a long time to get through i almost forgot wat i was read in the beginning.
Just thought it may have been a good idea to get alot of them all bunched together in this thread instead of scattered throughout but wateva everyone wants to do:rolleyes:

G

Unregistered
tube and fin 300 x 400 core 2.5" outlets from PWR seems to work well have not seen intake temps higher than 37 C at full boost in winter at ambient temp of 24C but they are not cheap . I'll be going PWR for the next cooler too.

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
benny i thought you had bar and plate.. spose it would pay to look though lmao

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
b7a5_1.jpg

i just won this on ebay guys its a tube and fin 600 x 300 x 70mm with 3 " inlets/outlets but didnt realise i may be winning another one i forgot i was bidding on so if i end up winning both is any1 interested in this one? if you are PM me

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Isn't that one to big to fit without trimming the front support bar?

Top Bottom